Discover your Inner Viking!
The Nordic Club of Central Minnesota/Trollheim Lodge Sons of Norway provides its members with opportunities for learning and enjoying many aspects of our Norwegian culture.
Trollheim is involved in a wide variety of events throughout the year, featuring both traditional and contemporary programs with a unique Norwegian/American flavor including:
- Educational programs focused on Scandinavia
- Barneløpet: a free Nordic skiing event for children
- Lefse making Classes
- Summer picnic
- Annual Julefest (Christmas Party)
- Syttende Mai Banquet
- Syttende Mai family parade
- Language & Craft Classes (as requested)
- Sports Medal Program
- Norwegian Bake Sale
- Trollheim Lodge Newsletter
- Genealogy education
Bli med moroa (Join the fun)
Those with an interest in learning more about Norway and Scandinavia are always welcome at our club events. We hope the more you learn and enjoy the more you will want to become a member. Member benefits include:
- Attendance privileges at all chapter meetings and events
- Chapter newsletter with program and cultural information
- International Viking Magazine with stories, recipes about Norway
- Attendance privileges at all district and international conventions
- Cultural enrichment in Norwegian heritage
- Participation in Sons of Norway sponsored activities
- Opportunity to purchase Sons of Norway insurance products
- Information and discounts on travel tours and more
This is our local dues structure:
Individual membership: $60 annually
Family membership: $95 annually includes spouse and all children under the age of 27
When you are ready to join us you can do so at a club meeting or online by going to www.sofn.com and following these steps:
Click on Join/Renew tab in upper right
Click on Join
Type in St. Cloud, MN
Choose Join this Lodge
Follow through with your contact information and payment choice. You can also sign up to have your annual dues paid automatically.
Once completed our lodge will receive a message from Sons of Norway International with your contact information.
History of Trollheim
The Sons of Norway Trollheim Lodge #511 was organized on November 16, 1972, under the leadership of its first president, Vernon Mork. The Lodge has since met monthly in St. Cloud, drawing membership from the St. Cloud area and surrounding central Minnesota communities such as Little Falls, Princeton, Milaca, Monticello, and Paynesville, among others. The Lodge’s membership has always been active and relatively steady in numbers throughout the more than four decades of its existence. During these years, Trollheim has developed strong traditions of community involvement, cultural ties to Norway, regular events and celebrations within the Lodge and for the public, and honorable service within the Sons of Norway district organization.